Access presentations on a wide range of topics relating to ocean-floor mapping and its applications, from this year's GEBCO Science Day.
Science Day 2011 call for papers
The 6th GEBCO Science Day will be hosted by the University of California Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the Scripps Seaside Forum on 4th October 2011.
We announce a call for papers on any topics related to ocean mapping and its applications for inclusion as part of this year's Science Day.
Contributed papers on any topics related to ocean mapping and its applications are welcome. Focus areas include, but are not limited to
- merging topography, bathymetry, and shoreline data in the coastal zone
- compilation and fusion of heterogeneous data, gridding, modeling uncertainty
- use of Google Ocean in research, education, and outreach
- data management and exchange, standards, protocols, schema, services
- applications and application-driven mapping
- history and reviews of bathymetric science
Please come, share your knowledge, and join an international and cross-disciplinary team engaged in exciting and fundamental work. All contributions will be published through GEBCO's web site.