Access presentations on a range of topics relating to ocean-floor mapping and its applications, from this year's GEBCO Science Day.
Call for papers — GEBCO Science Day 2012
The 7th GEBCO Science Day will be hosted by the Directing Committee of the International Hydrographic Bureau at the Salle du Ponant, Monaco, on 2nd October 2012.
We announce a call for papers on topics related to ocean mapping and its applications for inclusion as part of this year's Science Day.
Oral presentations and posters on topics related to ocean mapping and its applications are welcome. Focus areas include, but are not limited to
- technical aspects of merging topography, bathymetry and shoreline data in coastal zones
- compilation and fusion of heterogeneous data, gridding and modeling uncertainty
- use of Google Ocean in research, education and outreach
- data management and exchange, standards, protocols, schema, services
- applications and application-driven mapping
- history and reviews of bathymetric science and regional bathymetric compilations
Please come share your knowledge and join an international and cross-disciplinary team engaged in this exciting and fundamental work.
This year, the International Hydrographic Organization/International Association of Geodesy (IHO/IAG) Advisory Board on the Law of the Sea (ABLOS) will hold their meetings concurrently with GEBCO. ABLOS attendees are especially invited to contribute to and attend Science Day.
Any contributor to Science Day may attend all meeting days of GEBCO’s Technical Sub-Committee on Ocean Mapping (TSCOM) and Sub-Committee on Regional Undersea Mapping (SCRUM) and the Wednesday 03 October meeting of ABLOS.
All contributors are encouraged to publish their presentations through GEBCO’s web site.