Access presentations on a range of topics relating to ocean-floor mapping and its applications, from this year's GEBCO Science Day.
GEBCO Science Day 2013 Call For Papers
The 8th GEBCO Science Day will be hosted by the Istituto di Scienze Marine, Venice, Italy on 8th October 2013.
We announce a call for papers on topics related to ocean mapping and its applications for inclusion as part of this year's Science Day.
Find out more and how to contribute a presentation.
Oral presentations and posters on topics related to ocean mapping and its applications are welcome. Focus areas include, but are not limited to
- technical aspects of merging topography, bathymetry and shoreline data in coastal zones
- compilation and fusion of heterogeneous data, gridding and modeling uncertainty
- use of Google Ocean in research, education and outreach
- data management and exchange, standards, protocols, schema, services
- scientific and application-driven bathymetric mapping
- history and reviews of bathymetric science and regional bathymetric compilations
Science Day is an excellent venue for exchanging ideas and growing new collaborations. Please come share your knowledge and join an international and cross-disciplinary team engaged in this exciting and fundamental work.
Any contributor to Science Day may attend all meeting days of GEBCO’s Technical Sub-Committee on Ocean Mapping (TSCOM) and the Interim Sub-Committee on Regional Undersea Mapping (iSCRUM) to be held on Monday 7th and Wednesday 9th October at the Istituto di Scienze Marine, Venice. Find out more about our upcoming meetings.
All contributors are encouraged to publish their presentations through GEBCO’s web site.