Presentations and posters fromGEBCO Science Day 2015 are now available.
Call for papers — GEBCO Science Day 2015
The 10th GEBCO Science Day will be hosted by the Royal Malaysian Navy and PETRONAS at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Center, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 5th October 2015.
We announce a call for papers on topics related to ocean mapping and its applications for inclusion as part of this year's Science Day.
Adobe PDF version of the GEBCO Science Day Call for Papers 2015.
Oral presentations and posters on topics related to ocean mapping and its applications are welcome. Focus areas include, but are not limited to
- Technical aspects of merging topography, bathymetry and shoreline data in coastal zones
- Compilation and fusion of heterogeneous data, gridding and modeling uncertainty
- Use of Google Ocean in research, education and outreach
- Crowdsourcing and similar means to use bathymetry information available through social media and open data sources
- Data management and exchange, standards, protocols, schema, services
- Scientific and application-driven bathymetric mapping
- History and reviews of bathymetric science and regional bathymetric compilations
Science Day is an excellent venue for exchanging ideas and growing new collaborations. Please come share your knowledge and join an international and cross-disciplinary team engaged in this exciting and fundamental work.
ny contributor to Science Day may attend all meeting days of GEBCO’s Technical Sub-Committee on Ocean Mapping (TSCOM) and Sub-Committee on Regional Undersea Mapping (SCRUM), to be held 06-07 October 2015 at the Royale Chulan Hotel, located at Kuala Lumpur at Conlay Rd, 50450 Kuala Lumpur. Find out more about our upcoming meetings.
Those wishing to contribute a presentation should contact by email the GEBCO Bathymetric Science Day Convener, Dr. Paul Elmore, (firstname.lastname@example.org), with a copy to the GEBCO webmaster Pauline Weatherall (email@example.com) and local contact Cdr Norhizam Hassan RMN, (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please include the anticipated title of the contribution, the authors and their institutional affiliations, and whether an oral or poster presentation is preferred. Oral presentations are encouraged to be at a general audience level, whereas more technical or detailed material is encouraged for poster presentations.
Contributors will receive instructions for uploading presentations to the GEBCO web site ahead of the meeting (please indicate if you do not want your poster shown on the GEBCO web site).