Access presentations and posters from the The Forum for Future Ocean Floor Mapping that was held in Monaco in June 2016.
Forum for Future Ocean Floor Mapping in the Media
The Forum for Future Ocean Floor Mapping was held in Monaco in June 2016 and was attended by over 150 senior representatives, scientists, scholars and business associates from major ocean related organisations from around the world.
It has endorsed the objective of Seafloor 2030 – that the comprehensive mapping of the entire ocean floor is possible by the year 2030. More than 85 per cent of the world ocean floor remains unmapped with modern mapping methods.
Since the Forum, interest in Seafloor 2030 has quickened. Access articles in the media, from their web sites, about the Forum:
- The Sunday Times: ‘Gurgle Maps’ to reveal sea’s deep secret
- International Business Times: Scientists unearth the secrets of the ocean using Google Maps-style mapping
- New York Post: Scientists want to create Google Maps for the world’s oceans
- News.com.au: Scientists implementing a Google Maps-esque approach to unearthing the secrets of the world’s oceans
- Daily Telegraph Australia
- Interview with the Chair of the GEBCO Guiding Committee, Shin Tanin, in Hydro International about the Forum and furture plans